Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and in New Zealand, South East Asia, Mongolia and Africa. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine site, located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, produces copper and gold. Macmahon began its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
Macmahon now have requirements for suitably qualified and experienced Leading Hand to join the Maintenance team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will be responsible for overseeing the day to day maintenance requirements of a wide range of plant fleet and equipment.
To be successful in this position you must be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Organise resources, provide technical advice, leadership and direction to workshop crew
- Ensure staff have optimum workloads available as well as hands-on training for safe and efficient performance
- Identify parts and materials required for daily maintenance activities
- Manage maintenance and rebuild practices as well as the condition of the workplace to company and industry standards
- Have a proactive hands on focus in all aspects of Maintenance execution tasks
- Promote and engage in effective communication across all parts of the business
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Considerable experience within a heavy mobile equipment mining environment
- Supervisory or team leader experience
- A relevant mechanical trade certificate
- Advanced machinery trouble shooting and diagnostic skills Computer literacy and excellent communication and organisational skills
- A team-oriented, training and safety focus
- Exposure and sound knowledge of Caterpillar mining equipment would be an advantage
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this expanding operation with Macmahon.