Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia, Asia, and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking a Purchasing Officer to join our professional Procurement team, reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, you will be responsible in facilitating efficient purchasing of materials, supplies, services and equipment, you will work within an team of highly experienced Procurement Officers, whom are focused on providing cost savings to the business and shareholder value. You will enjoy being analytical and savings focused whilst supporting a variety of sites. This role is a full time position based at our office near the Perth International Airport.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Monitor requisites to ensure legitimate, high quality, authorised goods at competitive prices
- Process purchase requisitions in a timely and cost effective manner
- Provide sites with expediting reports
- Follow up with suppliers for outstanding orders
- Ensure smooth order processing
- Ensure prompt address of site credits
- Support site and stakeholders with any Supply issues
- Build and grow relationships with internal/external stakeholders, suppliers and service providers
- Live the company values of safety, prosperity, teamwork, integrity and environment
Preferred qualities/experience to succeed in the role:
- Experience with procurement in the Mining Industry
- Knowledge of Dynamics
- Knowledge of Mainpac
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with ERP
- A proven track record of efficient and accurate analysis and processing of work
- Excellent computer skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written and numerical skills
The successful applicant will enjoy the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing training and development opportunities with a registered RTO
- Exceptional working environment
- A permanent position within the driven, committed Macmahon organisation
If you have the experience and qualities to add value to the Macmahon Supply Team, we welcome you to please click APPLY.