Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and in New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon's 10 year mining contract includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
Macmahon is now seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Storeperson to join the site Mobile Maintenance team. Working on a 2:1 roster basis, the purpose of this role is to manage inventory and the daily distribution of stock to the site customers in a safe and efficient manner.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining accurate records of all inventory transactions and stock levels
- Loading and unloading of parts and consumables for inbound and outbound freight
- Issuing, returning and data entering of stock within the Inventory Management System
- Undertaking regular stock takes and stock level adjustments
- Ensuring storage and care of all inventory in a safe and efficient manner
- Investigating inventory discrepancies and documenting stock transfers, returns etc
To be successfully considered, you will have had previous stores/ inventory management experience within a mining or heavy industrial environment. Strong computer skills and experience with CMMS and supplier parts ordering systems, along with current forklift ticket and HR licence is also required. The ability to interpret maintenance parts as well as knowledge of other mine site consumables will be well regarded.
If successful you will enjoy:
- Long-term career prospects;
- Simple transport from airport to site;
- Working in a safe and efficient operation;
- Training and upskilling opportunities;
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.