Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and in New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon's 10-year mining contract includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
Macmahon is seeking for an Experienced Serviceman to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Project Site on a 2:1 roster for fixed-term 6 months.
Roles and responsibilities not limited to the following;
- Service and maintain all mobile plant- Dump trucks, loaders, excavators (mostly Caterpillar fleet)
- Assist Heavy Duty Fitters to service and maintain all mobile plant either on site or in maintenance
- Operate fuel truck- pull out hose reels for fuel, grease, water and oils from tray of truck (against resistance between waist and shoulder height)
- Climb over the machinery to access and check all grease points, fluid levels and access refilling points.
To be considered for the role you should have the following:
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Proven experience in the repairs and maintenance of 300+ Tonne Caterpillar & Hitachi excavators
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality assurance
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting / interpretive skills
- Previous experience in the mining industry or large scale operations;
- Physically fit for the demands of the role;
- Minimum of a manual HR class driver's license
To be successful in this position you will enjoy
- Long Term Project opportunity
- Excellent camp facilities
- Training and upskilling from a registered RTO
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.